Thursday, October 6, 2011

Jump Rope to Lab B

Today was lab B which was teaching a part of the jump roping unit. I thought I really came prepared for my lesson. Today I taught how to jump left to right while jump roping. I wasn't nervous because i'm very comfortable with jump roping and teaching it. 
As I watch the video, I've notice many things have changed that will help me and some things that I still need to work on. One thing I saw was that I was clear in my directions and in my demonstration. Also, I thought the way I used progression really helped the students learn at there own pace. The one thing I really need to work on is being more aware of were the students actually are. 

After the lesson, I found out that Professor Yang asked about 5 or 6 students to go get a drink of water without telling me. I finally realized that a quarter of the class was gone. Him doing this really woke me up. I know now that it could happen and I need to adjust my body so that I have a clear view of every single student. Overall lab B went really well!

No comments:

Post a Comment