Sunday, October 2, 2011

St Mary's.. Day 2

My second day at St. Mary's went really well! For the time there I got to lead the children in an activity of my own. I was a little nervous for the first time with them but I felt as I went along with my game I was more comfortable. For my activity, I incorporated motor skills such as running and galloping. I thought the children really had a lot of fun during my game because I saw so many smiling faces and laughter. I also noticed that some kids were really good at galloping and a few that still needed some guidance. Im glad that I had help from my group. Overall, many of the kids were able to perform these skills correctly and that really put a smile on my face.

My biggest challenge of that day was getting the kids attention when I was explaining the game. I thought my hook helped save me. Before the lesson, I had written down so many different things to address to them  but I ended up not even saying half of it. If I hadn't of done this, I new the children would loose interest. What I realized from this was that a good lesson should be short and sweet and get to the point. I know for next lab that I will definitely use this technique. Looking Forward to Lab 3 at St Mary's!

No comments:

Post a Comment