Thursday, October 6, 2011

Cortland Mini Conference!

Today was my first time attending the SUNY Cortland P.E Mini-Conference! Everything was very new to me and I didn't know what to expect. As soon as we arrived, are instant activity to start up the day was to have a flash mob workout to Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO! I thought it went really well and it was a lot of fun. Are goal was to try to get as many people into it as we can and for the most part it worked out. The dance routine that we performed I thought was simple enough for everyone to feel comfortable trying. 


After that, I volunteered to help out at the registration table and any assistance they might need. I met many new people and saw some familiar faces too. As soon as I was done with helping out, I went to go check out Professor Yang's Exergamer Lab which was awesome! I love how he incorporated staying active while playing video games. Now we know that kids love video games so it works out perfectly. The coolest thing I saw was he had an xbox 360 hooked up to a step master. Now the difference is that you must keep stepping or the controller would shut off. I thought this idea was so cleaver! It got me going and I know that it would get kids interested as well. Overall what a great day and I'm looking forward to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment