Wednesday, November 30, 2011

JUST DANCE to Lab D


For Lab D, I chose Just Dance as my topic for my lesson. This was going to be my last lesson for 255 so I had to finish strong. My first thought was how can I really make my class all get involved at the same time. Also my group decided that we were going to teach at the same time in different rooms. So now instead of this lab being a 20 min lesson, I had to plan my lesson for 50 min. This got me a little nervous because I haven't really experienced teaching for that long. I knew that I had to be creative and come up with something that will keep my lesson productive and fun for the whole time.
At the start of my lesson, I had a good feeling that it was going to be a good one. I started with giving each student a handout when they walked into the class. For Lab D, all of my peers were given a health topic to tie into the lesson. My topic was Body Image which definitely can be related to dancing. So my handout was a flyer about a fitness gym that is located right here in Cortland. I thought that this would be perfect because it is convenient. It also had the times of when its open, how much it costs monthly, and a map quest of how to get there.

After that, I had planned an instant activity to dance to the Cha Cha Slide. I thought that this would be a good song to start getting your body moving. Then I demonstrated the new dance moves that we will be learning for the song Funky Town. When I was flipping through the song selection on Just Dance, I knew that my class would enjoy learning this song because it was very funny. They ended up really getting a kick out of the song. The next song I chose was the Cotton Eye Joe. I felt that everyone got all the moves down pretty well and the cues for each of them helped a lot. Toward the end of my lesson I had them actually get to use the controllers and play the game to see how well they can perform the dance moves. Everyone really did a great job!

Overall, I felt that my lesson for Lab D went really well and I could see that my peers definitely had a good time with it.


Just Dance Packet
Time Coding
Feedback Form
Developing the Content
Transcript

No comments:

Post a Comment