Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Field Experience Day 2.. Feb. 14th Class 1

Today was the second day of my field experience and it was also valentines day. It was expected that all of the students were very excited and energized. I was a little nervous when I found out that there was going to be a different 5th grade group. As they walked into the class, I noticed that the students seemed to get along for the most part. They were jumping up and down, ready to do some fun activities.
Today, I was able to lead the warm up that the 5th graders have to do everyday. It involves running around the outside area of the gym. The students are instructed to run the long lines and walk the short. This will help keep them in shape to run the mile at the end of the school year. I was able to make a cd that was suitable for there age group to try to motivate the students to stay enthused. Before I lead the warm up, with my host teacher, I went over some modifications that could incorporate in the activity. I was able to have the students perform various locomotor movements while they were jogging around the gym. This enabled me to see were the students are proficient and were they need some improvement. The students seemed to enjoy it more, rather than just running around the gymnasium. Overall, I feel that the students were able to keep moving throughout the entire warm up. I am looking forward to come up with my own instant activity next class.

No comments:

Post a Comment